I am an ordinary person, closely acquainted with imperfection and frailty, who boasts about the greatness of Jesus Christ and His transforming work in my life. Wife, homeschooling mother of 5, and musician/song writer. My desire is to share from my journey and hopefully be an encouragement to others.

Monday, November 11, 2013

The High Price of Freedom

This post comes from the archives 
of another blog of mine:
My Grateful Heart


The date is Wednesday, April 28 2004.  
This morning I am sitting in the chapel on Leighton Post in Wurtzburg, Germany. 
The reality of the war in Iraq is very evident here. 
We are in the midst of a unit who has known deployment and loss of life. 
The war has claimed over 20 lives from this unit in less than one month. 
The mood among the community has gone from determination, resolve, indestructible and undefeatable -- 
to doubt, despair, fear, defeat, confusion.  



Veterans Day
November 18, 2013
Thank you hardly seems enough
for how faithfully you have served
our country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment