I am an ordinary person, closely acquainted with imperfection and frailty, who boasts about the greatness of Jesus Christ and His transforming work in my life. Wife, homeschooling mother of 5, and musician/song writer. My desire is to share from my journey and hopefully be an encouragement to others.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Life in His hands

We give thanks.
Join me for a special series on living intentionally grateful.  


Each day this month I'll share what being grateful, on purpose (or with purpose), means to me and what that looks like in my life.



Life happens.  
At times it comes at us like a runaway freight train. 
Other times it seems to creep along at a snail's pace. 
And something inside of me always longs for the days when it 
occurs at a moderate and perfect pace of my choosing.  



But this life I'm living is not my own. The day I've been given is a gift that has been shared with me, but it doesn't belong to me. The sun and the spinning earth that determine when it is day and night, do not answer to me.  The loving God who created all things, who tells the sun when to shine, and who wraps up each day as a gift filled with grace and mercy, is a Master Designer. My times are in His hands. 




His plans for each of us are good. When we walk with Him, He withholds no good thing. 
When life happens sometimes it is messy and ugly and painful and filled with demanding and difficult situations.  


But when our lives are in His hands, He gives us everything we need as the Holy Spirit navigates a path for us. All of our days are filled with just enough moments, sustaining strength, just the right amount of grace, the perfect amount of wisdom, and more love than our hearts can contain.


Life happens. 
Sometimes it's not pretty.
 But my life in His hands equals beauty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment