I am an ordinary person, closely acquainted with imperfection and frailty, who boasts about the greatness of Jesus Christ and His transforming work in my life. Wife, homeschooling mother of 5, and musician/song writer. My desire is to share from my journey and hopefully be an encouragement to others.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

I Still Haven't Sent My Christmas Cards .... from Last Year

We give thanks.

The recent news that, for some retailers, Black Friday will actually begin on 
Thanksgiving Day is disheartening.  
However, it is interesting how the month of November 
seems to have become a 30 day challenge to express gratitude.  Social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, has fostered the idea and given us a venue to share those things for which we are truly grateful.  Rather than one day of "thanksgiving" there seems to be an entire month designated to being "thankful"... 

and that is what I've been attempting this month with my blog and the special series on living intentionally grateful. 

Each day I've been sharing what being grateful, on purpose (or with purpose), means to me and what that looks like in my life.  
I have shared about my family here and here and here.  If you haven't read about my husband, our God designed family or my sensational cousins, then please take a look.  

Our home is a very precious place to me.  I love how God blesses me so greatly with my husband and our children and how beautiful our relationships are becoming because of Him.  Read about these types of blessings here at Grateful for Caramel Apples and 

I've shared a couple of older posts from my other blog My Grateful Heart.  One in honor of our Veterans The High Price of Freedom which I wrote about a memorial service I attended in Germany for one of our fallen soldiers in 2004.  
The other one, Unexpected Opportunities, a favorite of mine.

My intentional grateful heart has also been expressed through photos I have taken that can be seen here and here.  Although not a part of the November series on being intentionally grateful, you can also view a post here, Simple Photo Journalist, that shows some of the other photos I've taken.

These two, Grateful for the Bible and Grateful to Play the Piano are especially dear to me.  I cannot imagine what my life would have been like without either of these... and I believe that both make me a better wife and mother. 

Yesterday's post You Prepare a Table for Me has stirred an excitement in me for the upcoming holidays and also our Lord's returning.  I am reminded of a song I wrote in September of 2005.  

Awake my heart, my soul, my will
Arise to seek Him, praying still
From sleep arise and face the dawn
And sing the glad and joyful song
Jesus Christ is Lord!
This fleeting moment now I give
With every breath I choose to live
Surrendered to Your awesome ways
And drawn to sing Your glorious praise
Jesus Christ is Lord!
To step beyond the comfort zone
The safety of routines I've known
Relying daily on Your grace
Your holy power to embrace
Jesus Christ is Lord!
O Church arise, delight in this!
The groom awaits His Bride to kiss
The wedding feast awaits us there
O Church arise, O Bride prepare!
Jesus Christ is Lord!
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Speaking of the upcoming holidays, I have Christmas cards from last year 
that I still haven't sent.  
Beautiful photo cards by my dear friend at Melony Stevens Photography remain in a bag in my closet.  I'm not real sure what that says about me.  But I will try and get them mailed soon.  ;)

 ~my grateful heart






No comments:

Post a Comment