I am an ordinary person, closely acquainted with imperfection and frailty, who boasts about the greatness of Jesus Christ and His transforming work in my life. Wife, homeschooling mother of 5, and musician/song writer. My desire is to share from my journey and hopefully be an encouragement to others.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Grateful for my Husband

We give thanks.
Join me for a special series on living intentionally grateful.  



Each day this month I'll share what being grateful, on purpose (or with purpose), means to me and what that looks like in my life.


I am blessed to have a loving and wonderful husband.  There would not be room in this blog for me to share all of the notable qualities he possesses.  Neither would there be room for me to list all the ways I am blessed by our marriage. 

 With an exceptional amount of grace, my husband provides for me and our family financially, physically, spiritually and emotionally.  He leads us with humility and integrity, and if you listen closely you will quickly learn that he has an 
absolutely amazing sense of humor.

A cheerful heart is good medicine ... Proverbs 17:22

In my heart I know that I have never done anything to deserve such a blessing in my life.  There is no hope of explaining why I was allowed to benefit so beautifully. I understand how difficult I am to live with and it is easy for me to see my shortcomings and inadequacies.  Fortunately for me, my husband is not put off by these frailties of mine.  Maybe this is why I cherish his love and our marriage so deeply. 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may life you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:6,7


My husband is deserving of the best wife possible.  I have a vision of what that wife would be like. It goes something like this:  
The house would be clean and organized at all times, 
the laundry would be washed, dried and put away every day, 
the kitchen would be stocked and clean with gourmet meals prepared daily ... 
and the unrealistic list goes on. 

You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand. 
Psalm 16:11

Since I am unable to meet the expectation I have of my role as my husband's wife, 
I am learning to take another approach.  
I will pray for my husband every day and throughout the day.
My words to him will convey my confidence in his provision for our family.
I will trust him to lead our family.
I will love him deeply and unconditionally.
I will do my best to take care of him, our children and our home as an expression of my love and in a way that honors God.

~ my grateful heart

No comments:

Post a Comment