I am an ordinary person, closely acquainted with imperfection and frailty, who boasts about the greatness of Jesus Christ and His transforming work in my life. Wife, homeschooling mother of 5, and musician/song writer. My desire is to share from my journey and hopefully be an encouragement to others.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Our Life

Educating our children at home is a wonderful thing,
except on the days when it isn't so wonderful.
When it goes well it is the most amazing thing ... ever!
When it doesn't go well, ... on those days I have no idea why we're homeschooling.  
  

Still, I would rather be here with my children as they explore and learn and grow 
than anywhere else on this planet. 
I would just like them to cooperate a little more consistently and 
I would like it if the house didn't wear the clutter of homeschooling quite so much.
A girl can dream.

This morning my prayer group met at the church.
I am blessed to be part of such a fine group of ladies.

When I got home the chimney sweeps were here to clean out our chimneys.
This is the first fire we've had in the fireplace this fall.  Of course, with the
temperature unable to decide if it is going to be warm or cool
it hasn't really mattered.  
The weather outside today is cool and foggy, so it feels nice having a fire going
in the fireplace.  During the winter this becomes a favorite spot
for doing school. 



Kyle found this really big leaf! 
That was fun. 


In school today, Kyle was learning about the bullet train.  He built a model with
a train he got at Dollywood last year. 
While he was working on his train, he was sharing with 
me all kinds of information he learned about physics and other things.  He explained
to me about the air flowing over the train and the reason for the 
tapered ends.  It's at those times I wish I was one of those moms who really
"gets" science and can carry on intelligent conversations with her children about things
like physics.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the basic principal of aerodynamics, but he goes into much greater detail and my brain starts getting fuzzy.  



His train turned out really nice.  But the best part for me was when he wanted to take a picture
of it.  I really like his picture.  



I added another photo to my 30 day photo challenge.
Day 9 challenge:   this is the weather today.
Foggy



One of Kyle's assignments was to draw a cow.
I think it turned out great!  It's very much a Kyle cow.



Sera has stayed busy with French, Algebra and English classes.  I enjoy hearing her converse
in French during her French class.  That is one part of homeschooling that I especially like;
on-line classes for my children.  We have been fortunate to have really great teachers.

In between her classes, Sera spent some time at the piano.  She plays so well; I could listen all day long.  
We really should get her some piano lessons one day.

This has been a good day of school.  Whether good or not so good, this is how we spend our days.  
And when the assignment said "tell a parent or older sibling how to spell Mesopotamia", Kyle 
read the letters to me off the computer screen. 
It didn't occur to him that he was suppose to learn how to spell it.
 I love my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment